The Black Box of IT with Jørgen Høll and Jeppe Hedaa – Team Size
Team Size in Army Special Forces – The Black Box of IT: What can IT learn from elite soldiers? Watch this interesting conversation with Jørgen Høll, retired Major General and former Commander of the Danish Special Operations. Jørgen Høll and Jeppe Hedaa talk about the advantages of keeping your team as small as possible and to:
1. Reduce communication complexity
2. Stabilize the team to get to know each other’s strong/weak sides
3. Generally reducing the need for communication
4. Understanding each other’s progression
5. Enabling a project artifact overview
6. The need for secondary roles
7. Managing ambitious specialists
8. How to move on from less successful projects.
When considering IT development performance, the most important aspect is people. The human element is by far the most performance-generating factor in your entire setup. Unfortunately, if you want to measure performance quantitatively, assigning a number to people...
Complex Systems Development (large IT departments) is by definition complex. But it is vitally important for us to reduce this complexity in the areas where performance is most affected. In this post we look at how Culture, Methodology, Legacy Burden and Enterprise...
When you look at the entire company-wide IT program, you see an ocean filled with waves of projects. Each is constantly changing and presents its own issues and struggles. IT management requires willingness to take a deep dive into the details of many different...